Saturday, September 15, 2012

Review: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Hey everyone, Kim here! Sorry for not posting anything for a while, I started high school about a month ago and it's left me with basically no free time. Hopefully I can learn to manage my time better so I can start to read more!

I had to read To Kill a Mockingbird as the summer reading for my English class. Just the fact that I was being forced to read it made me instantly uninterested, but I still had to read it, and it was actually better than I had expected.

This book is told from the point of view of a six year old girl named Scout around the time of the Great Depression. When her father, Atticus (who is a lawyer) is appointed to defend a black man in court, they are immediately hated by almost the entire town. There really isn't much I can say without spoiling parts of the book, but it's a classic and I would recommend it if it sounds interesting to you. And if you're in the same boat as me and have to read it for school, go in with an open mind. :)


PS: I just started The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks yesterday, and I like it so far, so you can expect another review from me (hopefully) sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment!