Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: Bossypants by Tina Fey

Summary: Before Liz Lemon, before "Weekend Update," before "Sarah Palin," Tina Fey was just a young girl with a dream: a recurring stress dream that she was being chased through a local airport by her middle-school gym teacher. She also had a dream that one day she would be a comedian on TV.

She has seen both these dreams come true.

At last, Tina Fey's story can be told. From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon -- from the beginning of this paragraph to this final sentence.

Tina Fey reveals all, and proves what we've all suspected: you're no one until someone calls you bossy.


Kim's Review: Tina Fey is probably one of my top ten favorite people on the planet. I spent my entire Easter break last spring marathoning 30 Rock, and ended up watching the last episode right before we had to leave for Easter mass. Needless to say, I was sobbing on the way to church. 

This book is hilarious. Books hardly make me laugh out loud, but this one did on almost every other page. I've never laughed so hard at a novel. Fey's sense of humor is so unique, and I loved being able to learn more about her life. The last chapter was really inspiring to me - the timing of my reading it couldn't have been better. It was a little strange.

I absolutely loved this book. I feel like it's one of those novels that I'm going to keep pulling off of my bookshelf and just reading certain parts for either advice or just for laughs. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who loves Tina and her work!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment!