Sunday, September 8, 2013

Journey Through The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout With Marissa!

(Hello guys! I recently finished reading all the books that are released so far in the Lux series so I decided to just put all my reactions in to one post. These reviews are completely spoiler free even if you haven't read any of the books in the series or just the first.)

Summary: Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.


Marissa's Review: I really enjoyed Obsidian! It was a very different read for me. I have never read anything that had to do with the topic of aliens before, so i found the story very original. I absolutely loved the writing style in this book. It has a perfect mix of things. This book has drama, humor, action, and even some romance. I also loved the characters. Katy was a strong protagonist and really knows how to stand up for herself when she has to but she is also relatable. I loved that she was a book blogger, I mean that alone is just awesome. Daemon was such a lovable ass. I loved his little witty retorts with Katy. They were so entertaining to read! All that aside, Daemon is also a complex character. As you read on, you get to see a whole other side to him. The action scenes in this book are great. Especially that last scene!

Review: This one is probably my favorite out of all of them so far. OH MY. I can't even formulate in to words my feelings towards this book. I felt all the emotions throughout this book, especially towards the end. I am so obsessed with this series! This one definitely had me more on my toes than the first one! I always felt so scared to turn the page because I thought I knew what was gonna happen (which didn't really work out most the time because this book is full of plot twists! ) but at the same time excited because the action, drama and romance in this book is amazing! I absolutely love Katy and Daemon. I pretty much love all the characters in this series (for the most part, but you'll find that out for yourself when you read it). I loved the humor in this book. Especially when Daemon kept calling Blake the wrong name. I could not stop laughing! This one definitely has A LOT more drama than the first and I loved it. I can't wait to continue with this series!





ReviewI.... uh.... don't know what to do right now. That ending! I could barely breathe! AH.
















ReviewOh man that ending, I swear! I found the pace in this one to be a bit different from the others. I can't really explain it. Sometimes I felt like things were rushed and sometimes I felt the opposite. Regardless, I still enjoyed this one a lot! I did like the fact that there were alternating POV chapters in this book. It was nice getting a different insight from Daemon, especially in the beginning. Sometimes I would get a little confused because I was so used to Katy narrating but I got used to it! That ending was insane though. I'm still too overwhelmed by it to form coherent sentences to form a typed out reaction. GAH this series drives me mad! It makes me feel almost every possible emotion from joyous happiness to profound sadness but I LOVE it! I can't wait for the last book!


I really love this series a lot. Its just so suspenseful and has everything you really could possibly want in a book. I think if you're in to science fiction and fantasy you should definitely check this series out. Definitely prepare yourself for cliffhangers, staying up to late hours of the night reading, and a little loss of sleep. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment!