Sunday, September 22, 2013

REVIEW: United We Spy by Ally Carter

United We Spy by Ally Carter
The Gallagher Girls #6
Published September 17th, 2013
304 Pages, Hardcover Edition
Reviewed by Charlotte

United We Spy was an amazing finale to one of my favorite series. While it starts out slow, the end beat out any bad feelings I had and it ended strong.

Ally Carter is one of my all time favorite authors. She has a perfect way of writing action that doesn't leave the reader wondering which character just got shot, or shot someone. While I didn't think the action was as fast and unexpected as the other books, United We Spy's climax was something I was never expecting. 

I enjoyed all the relationship dynamics in this book. There wasn't much angst, which was a nice break from every other book I read. Carter knew that the time for tension was over, and thank god for that. All the characters had developed a lot from the beginning of the series, no one more than Cammie. This series is one that I've grown up with, so it's sad to see it go. 

United We Spy ended with me in tears. I can't wait to read Carter's new series: Embassy Row.


(Plus, both Gallagher Girls and Heist Society have been optioned for film so cross your fingers that they're made!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment!