Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)
This was the final book in the Shiver trilogy, which followed Sam and Grace as they battled what kept their love apart: wolf transformations.

I have to say, I was extremely close to dropping this book. For the majority of probably 200 pages out of 390, I was unsatisfied and bored. It's the same thing over and over again, except now Grace is the wolf and not Sam. That's an original plot for you.

But the end really saved the book, in my case. I loved how everything wrapped up neatly. The only thing that left me unsatisfied in the end was Cole & Isabel's relationship. I loved this couple, but I wasn't even sure where they stood in their final chapter. It definitely left me with some questions.

Sam and Grace are still my primary couple that came out of this book. I am still not a Grace fan, she comes off as unapproachable and robotic to me, but I can't help loving Sam. Even if he is very sappy.

All in all, try the series. You won't be disappointed with the end.


3/5 Stars

See my review of the first and the second book.

1 comment:

  1. I love this series but I felt a little let down with this book especially with the whole Cole and Isabel relationship,great review, new follower

    www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and comment!