Thursday, July 5, 2012

Review: Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby


Shooting Stars
Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby
Published: February 28th, 2012
Publisher: Walker
Pages: 272 (Paperback)


My Review:


I loved this book! With such an interesting basis, Shooting Stars is unlike any other book I've read before. A paparazza protagonist who is snapping pictures undercover? Yeah, I thought so, you can't think of any other book like this one.

Jo is a regular teen, besides being one of the youngest (and best) paparazzi in the business. When she's offered a job to go undercover at a retreat facility to take pictures of one of the biggest stars in Hollywood, Ned Hartnett, Jo feels dirty. But she needs to the money, even if it means betraying the one celebrity that was ever nice to her.

I really don't have anything bad to say about this book. It kept me glued to its pages, and I loved every word. The plot twists were totally unpredictable, but in a good way! The author left coy hints to an upcoming event, but I didn't pick them up until it actually happened. I bet if you reread the book, you'd have a few 'Oh!' moments.

The only reason that it isn't one of my favorites, is because it wasn't knock-down-your-friend's-house-to-recommend-it kind of book. Some feeling was missing that I can't explain. It wasn't obsession-worthy.

On a completely unrelated note, isn't this cover gorgeous? I kept looking at it even if I was in the middle of a chapter . . .

I recommend this to anyone who is a fan of young adult fiction! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment!