Saturday, May 25, 2013

Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare


Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
Some spoilers in this review! 

The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Pages: 568 (Collector's First Edition)
Published: March 19th, 2013
PublisherMargaret K. McElderry Books

Reviewer: Charlotte


I kind of want to give it four stars, but the first 300ish pages dragged on slowly and I think they could have been condensed a little better. The second half picked up well and had me reading almost nonstop. 

Throughout this entire series, I have liked the side characters a whole lot better than the main ones. While that didn't change (the side characters were marvelous in this book) Clockwork Princess gave me a better understanding of the main three: Jem, Tessa, and Will. I've never been a fan of love triangles, but this trilogy was the exception. It's easy to understand why Tessa loves each boy equally, and it would have been impossible to pull off without the addition of parabatai. It really is a love triangle with love going in every direction. 

I loved how every character ended up, even the tragic endings like Henry's. It would be like Henry to invent himself a wheelchair. This book was the rare occasion where I actually liked every single character. The epilogue was great, and I like how it tied in with The Mortal Instruments. I hope we'll see more of the surviving characters in City of Heavenly Fire! 

Out of this trilogy, Clockwork Prince was my favorite. Clockwork Princess was my second favorite, and if you read my other review of Clockwork Angel -- that one was nowhere near  being a favorite. If you love the world of Shadowhunters, give it a try! I appreciated this series a lot more after finishing TMI.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment!