Monday, April 23, 2012

Review: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
Edition: Paperback
Pages: 284
Published: March 20th, 2007
Publisher: Hyperion

My review:

I originally read Ally Carter's newer series, which is Heist Society. I'm a huge fan of that, which is about Kat, a girl born into a family of thieves. But enough about that book, this one focuses on Cammie, a girl who goes to a spy school, where her mother is headwoman. This book is pretty much a dream to anyone who fantasizes about being a super-cool spy in another life (...me.)

Cammie is a sweet and innocent, (as innocent as a spy who can kill someone with her hands 7 different ways can be) her nickname is the Chameleon because she blends in with her surroundings. She's been at the Gallagher school for girls her whole life, and doesn't know a normal life. So when she meets a regular guy, who thinks she's a regular girl, she's at a loss of how to act.

As a protagonist, Cammie is fine. She starts off seeming unapproachable, but as the book progresses you are exposed to a deeper side of her. All the characters were interesting and different. They all carried the fact that they were at a spy school well, it was very believeable. Bex, Cammie's friend and Josh were the only characters that I never found myself rooting for.

As for the plot, it is rather dull for a spy book. I'd rather read action sequences, not Cammie struggling chapter after chapter to figure out what to wear for her most recent date. I'll forgive this fact though, as I've been told that the coming books get more interesting. In the few scenes with action, I did get lost really quickly. Things would happen, even the character moving just slightly, and it would be only two words and I'd have to read it over again to catch it. Some better explaining doesn't hurt.

I recommend this to fans of any action, spy thrillers, girl-power, and forbidden love. I'll be reading the rest of the series ASAP!

5/5 lightbulbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment!