Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Kim's Summer Recommendations!

Sorry for the huge lack of reviews lately - it's taking me a while to get through the books I'm currently reading! Most of us are on summer break by now, which means more time for reading! Here are a few (semi) light-hearted, summer-y books I would recommend you read over vacation (in no order):

Click on the book titles for Goodreads pages/summaries!

1. The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell
I'll admit, these books aren't fantastic, but they're still fun to read if you're looking for something to read quickly over a weekend. There's also a sequel if you want to continue reading teenage Carrie's story!







2. The Year of the Great Seventh by Teresa Orts
This one isn't released until July 6th, but I've read an ARC and it might be one of my top ten books of the year! The writing and storytelling is amazing - I really can't recommend it enough. I'll be posting a full review and an author interview in a few weeks!







3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I usually don't like romance novels, but god, I love this book! Anna and St. Clair are one of my favorite book couples I've ever read about. There's a spin-off book, Lola and the Boy Next Door, to read when you're finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment!