Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: June 19, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Showcase books you can't wait to read!

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

I've heard so much about this book, and it seems like it's been promoted really well, so I have high expectations for this! I bought it at Half Price Books a few weeks ago and I'll probably start it once I finish the books I'm currently reading.



The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
Pat has a theory: his life is a movie produced by God. And his God-given mission is to become physically fit and emotionally literate, whereupon God will ensure a happy ending for him -- the return of his estranged wife Nikki. (It might not come as a surprise to learn that Pat has spent time in a mental health facility.) The problem is, Pat's now home, and everything feels off. No one will talk to him about Nikki; his beloved Philadelphia Eagles keep losing; he's being pursued by the deeply odd Tiffany; his new therapist seems to recommend adultery as a form of therapy. Plus, he's being hunted by Kenny G!

I thought the movie was fantastic, so surely the book is even better!

Bossypants by Tina Fey
Before Liz Lemon, before "Weekend Update," before "Sarah Palin," Tina Fey was just a young girl with a dream: a recurring stress dream that she was being chased through a local airport by her middle-school gym teacher. She also had a dream that one day she would be a comedian on TV.

Tina Fey may be one of my favorite people on this planet. I'm a huge 30 Rock fan, so I'm excited to get to learn more about her through her autobiography!


Allegiant by Veronica Roth
One choice will define you.What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?


Unlike the others, this is a book that hasn't been released yet. It's the third and final book of the Divergent series, and I'm super-excited to read it, although it is bittersweet because I don't want it to end! If you haven't read Divergent and its sequel, Insurgent, I strongly recommend that you do before the third book comes out on October 22nd!

And finally, Marissa, Char, and I have noticed something on Goodreads...


Whaaat?! While I strongly doubt that release date is accurate, and we may not even be sure if it's true - we know John is working on another book, but can't anyone add a book on Goodreads? - just seeing it become more and more real is so exciting. John Green is one of my favorite authors but I'm sort of a newer fan, so this will be the first time I'll be really involved in one of his new releases, so I'm definitely pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment!