Sunday, June 17, 2012

In My Mailbox #9

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by the Story Siren! It's an opportunity to showcase what books you have purchased, borrowed from the library, etc throughout the week.

Here's what I've gotten this week!:

ReunitedThe Selection (The Selection, #1)Rapture (Fallen, #4)

I went to the Reunited book tour, and it was really fun! (My first book tour! :D)
&
I have heard about the conflict that occured with Kiera Cass, her agent, and a reviewer. I'm putting that aside, and I just plan on reading the book and not to be biased.
&
Rapture, the last book in the Fallen series, what am I to do?

What did you get this week?

4 comments:

  1. I've been holding off on The Selection for the reason you mention. Still haven't decided if bad behavior on the part of the agent/author will keep me from reading something. I guess if the book sounds good enough I'll still read it?

    Hope you enjoy all the new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got a copy of Rapture this week! I can't wait to finish the series and see what happens =) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reunited sounds like such a fun summer book. I love its cover too, we don't see a lot of yellow.

    I've been hesitant to read The Selection, not because of all of the conflict though, I just don't know if it'll be something I'd enjoy. I think the actions of an author definitely reflect on his or her novel, but it doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the writing ya know? Behavior can't change whether a book will be a good story or not, but I do understand why some are opting out. I'm glad you're giving it a go, and 'd love to hear your thoughts on it when you finish! :)

    -Allie Rose @ Pages and Pomegranates
    My week's haul

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and comment!