Monday, June 11, 2012

Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins


Lola and the Boy Next Door


Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Pages: 338
Released: September 29th, 2011
Publisher: Dutton Books

My Review:
There are so many things I loved about this book, I think I'll just list them and skip doing a formal review:

-Lola has two dads, YES! Thank you for including that! It's just an unapproached topic in YA, and Andy and Nathan were one of the best additions to this book.
-The crazy-awesome descriptions of Lola's clothes.
-Anna and Étienne are back! YAY!
-Cricket in general. He definitely equals Étienne, I could never choose between them.
-Calliope's ice skating career.
-Lindsay & her Nancy Drew collection.
-Castro neighborhood!

I guess the star is off mostly because the scenery didn't have that sparkle that AaTFK had. Not much can beat Paris though.
This book is just as amazing as AaTFK, I recommend picking it up right now if you haven't already! :)  (I realize now that I waited a pretty long time..)        


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment!