Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Review: The Selection by Kiera Cass


The Selection (The Selection, #1)
The Selection by Kiera Cass
Pages: 372
Published: April 24th, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen


My Review:


I was pleasantly surprised with this book. I have heard about the drama between a blogger, Kiera Cass, and her agent--but I decided to read it anyway. I'm really glad I did, because I loved it!


America was a good protagonist, not totally relatable, but a lot better than some of the ones I've read lately. I really liked Maxon too, again, he is one of the better male counter-parts I've read of recently and is one that is a pretty good role-model. I loved all the romance in this book, although I'm Team Maxon!


The plot went smoothly and the action fit in perfectly. There were many a cheesy-bits (like the name America Singer, guess what? She's a singer) but the writing and creativity made up for everything not-so-sweet. 


The reason there is a knocked off star is because I wasn't really satisfied with the ending.While there was not a huge cliffhanger, there were still unwrapped up things that will only be answered in the next book, and some of the minor things may not be wrapped up at all. I just have to wait until the next book to find out! I did expect everything to be wrapped up, which is part of it. I can't wait until The Elite is released next year! Until then, I do recommend this book even if you aren't a fan of the author's actions. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment!