Monday, June 18, 2012

Review: Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham


Reunited

Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham
Pages: 325
Published: June 12th, 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster

My Review:
This book followed three ex-best friends on a road trip to see their all-time favorite band. The band broke up around the same time that the girls' friendship crumbled, several years before the start of the book. The one night reunion concert offers some hope to Alice, always the sentimental one, that her, Tiernan, and Summer could be friends again.

I was lucky enough to go to the book tour for this book, and it was pretty awesome. (My first real book tour!) So once I came home with my brand-new signed copy, I started reading it immediately. It only took me two days to read, and I know I should have savored it more, but it was so hard to put down!

The writing was superb. I have a rainbow of sticky tags marking all my favorite quotes! The POV alternated between the three girls every chapter, and they each had a different, and distinct voice. They were all flawed and admirable in different ways, and seeing their different views of the world was great.

I love the ending! It was completely unexpected (as were many twists!) I love all of the side characters too. Every character was important, and added to the story. The boys from Level3 had such a big impact, even though they weren't physically there, to the story. The lyrics from each of their songs, that were printed at the beginning of each chapter, made me stop and read carefully. To be honest, I usually skip over lyrics and poetry that are included in novels. This time I didn't, and I related to a lot of the lyrics, and Summer's poetry. 

I have nothing bad to say about this book, go pick it up from your bookshop now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment!